E Week India 2013 ends on a thumping note
There’s buzz and clamor all around with achievement and celebration in the air — E Week India 2013: Innovating for India closing ceremony, couldn’t have had a better start. Hosted at Dayananda Sagar Institutes’ auditorium, the ceremony started with a keynote address by R. Sriram, Co-founder, Next Practice Retail, which was followed by an exquisite dance performance by the troupe Yogi’s Angels. The second address for the evening was by the marketing guru Harish Bijoor, Founder, Harish Bijoor Consults Inc, who captured the audience with his easy style, natural wit and flawless reasoning. He talked about various models for marketing and related them to rat-traps and how they evolved.
Later, we had Dr. Harish Hande, Managing Director, SELCO-India speaking about entrepreneurship and its context in India. What started out as a routine speech soon became electric and Dr. Hande managed to make the students probe into pertaining issues. It was no wonder when the speech ended, he received a standing ovation. The intermittent dance performances received substantial cheer; the atmosphere was charged with energy and enthusiasm when the E-Week audio visual was aired. Students sang along to the theme songs of Roshanee (Arakshan) and Roobaroo (Rang de Basanti). The awards were soon announced and it was heartening to see the student community appreciate and applaud one other for their accomplishments.
And the E Week winners are…
Three Special Awards
- The Nilima Rovshen Creativity and Innovation Award was awarded to Dayanand Sagar Institutions, Bangalore, for resourceful design and implementation of the E Week program.
- The Special Award for the Most Effective Public Awareness Campaign was awarded to Rayat Bahra Group of Institutions, Mohali, for taking the E Week campaign to a cross section of society.
- Acropolis Technical Campus, Indore received the E [email protected] Award for engaging the highest number of school students.
The following institutes received the Championship Awards for their extraordinary leadership for increasing awareness, advocating support for entrepreneurship and focus on the E Week theme:
- National Institute of Engineering, Mysore
- Saveetha Engineering College, Chennai
- Institute of Engineering & Management, Kolkata
- Vivekanand Institute of Technology, Jaipur
- Acropolis Institute of Technology and Research, Indore
Sri Krishna Institute of Management, Coimbatore was awarded Small Institute Champion while Shri Rawatpura Sarkar Institutions, Datia and Sona College of Technology, Salem received the Debut Championship Award.
Champion Runners Up
- Atharva College of Engineering, Mumbai
- Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering, Mysore
- Jyoti Nivas College, Bangalore
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar College of Engineering, Chennai
- Bengal Collge of Engineering & Technology, Durgapur
- Swami Keshavanand Institute of Technology, Management & Gramothan, Jaipur
- Acharya Institute of Management & Science, Bangalore
- IPS Academy, Indore
- Rayat Bahra Group of Institutions, Mohali
- Muffakham Jah College of Engineering & Technology, Hyderabad
- Velammal Engineering College, Bangalore
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Prestige Institute of Management and Research, Indore
- Sri Krishna College of Engineering & Technology, Coimbatore
- Acropolis Technical Campus, Indore
- Arya Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jaipur
- V.L.B.Janakiammal College of Arts and Science, Coimbatore
- Dream Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Thakur Institute of Management Studies, Career Development & Research, Mumbai
- Smt.Hiraben Nanavati Institute of Management & Research for Women, Pune
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Indore
- Jaipuria Institute of Managemen